Monday 18 June 2012

UNSIGNED BANDS


In favour of this project I have a wide music taste,spreading across many genres. Including big names like U2, I also enjoy listening to small unsigned bands, which has made my search for an unsigned band much easier. This aspect of the project has been easy for me. It was a case of flicking through my music and choosing a band.



THE METHOD

After narrowing it down to 5 bands/artists, these were the final 5:

The Method

The Method area band I found while browsing on YouTube, which is a large source of my music. ~INDIE/POP~


·
LEWIS WATSON

Lewis Watson

Lewis Watson is a 19 year old boy who is from London,I found him earlier in the year (2012) on twitter after following his account.His acoustic skills are what attracted me to his voice. ~INDIE/ACOUSTIC/POP~


KANKOURAN



· Kankouran

Kankouran are a band I heard on the TV programme ‘Skins’. (Series 6) I was attracted to their sound because of their unusual voices and the pace of the music. ~INDIE/ELECTRO~



BRIBRY


Bribry

Bribry I found again via YouTube, although he is best known for Vlogging and making short sketches rather than making music. He has powerful but soft vocal skills. ~INDIE/ACOUSTIC~







THE VAGABAND

· The Vagaband

The Vagaband are an exception to the rest, I came across them busking on Gentleman’s walk in Norwich. They said “We are doing this for the love of music rather than the money.” This is what influenced me to buy their album there and then. ~FOLK~ (There are no recorded videos on YouTube of The Vagaband)




Some ideas may not fit in well with different genres, but this selection of artists/bands gives me a choice and versatility of ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent tracking of your search for an unsigned band. Do remember to post the email you sent to Kankouran asking for his permission to use his single in your advanced portfolio, to include his reply.

    ReplyDelete